Building permit applications are available below and can also be obtained from City Hall at 601 Lakeside Ave, Room 505 on weekdays between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Applications must be submitted with four (4) sets of plans, drawn to scale. View the Site Plan Approval Policy for more –details.
Compliance with the Residential Code of Ohio is required. A copy of the Residential Code of Ohio is available in City Hall's Public Administration Library.
Depending on the scope of the project, the following items may be required:
- An index of drawings and a legend of symbols and abbreviations
- Plot plan showing street location, buildings, utility lines, setbacks, property lines, side yard dimensions, and distances between buildings
- Floor plans with basements, walls, windows, and stairs, along with all spaces identified by use (i.e.: “kitchen”)
- Elevations to describe the building's exterior, including floor-to-floor dimensions
- Cross sections, wall sections, and details describing construction and materials for walls, ceilings, and floors
- Structural description, with size and location of principal elements, table of live loads used in the design, and sufficient data to verify the safety of new foundations
- Project address and permanent parcel number(s). For newly-constructed homes or room additions, conformance with International Code Council (ICC) and the Ohio Energy Code must be indicated.
- Description of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing schematics, duct and piping layouts for plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning, along with layouts for lighting and power equipment.