pplicants must submit an Affidavit for Home Owner's Permit, plus any additional required permits, depending on the scope of work. The affidavit must be signed in City Hall Room 505 affirming owner-occupied status.
Submit the completed Residential Building Permit Application with four (4) sets of plans, drawn to scale. Residential Building Permit Applications can be also obtained in Room 505 of City Hall from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on weekdays.
Compliance must be maintained with the Residential Code of Ohio, plus any additional required permits, depending on the scope of work to be done. A copy of the Residential Code of Ohio is available in the Public Administration Library of City Hall.
The following items may be required:
- An index of drawings and a legend of symbols and abbreviations
- Plot plan showing street location, buildings, utility lines, setbacks, property lines, side yard dimensions, and distances between buildings
- Floor plans with basements, walls, windows, and stairs and all spaces identified by use (i.e. “kitchen”)
- Elevations to describe the building's exterior, including floor-to-floor dimensions.
- Cross sections, wall sections, and details describing construction and materials for walls, ceilings, and floors
- Structural description, with size and location of principal elements, table of live loads used in the design, and sufficient data to verify the safety of new foundations
- Address and permanent parcel number(s) associated with the project. For newly-constructed homes or room additions, indicate conformance with the International Code Council (ICC) and the Ohio Energy Code.
- Description of mechanical and electrical systems and plumbing schematics along with duct and piping layouts for plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning
- Layouts for lighting and power equipment