If you are a property owner, you can have a tree planted on your tree lawn for free!
After making your request, you will receive an email with instructions to track your request.
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Not all requests can be satisfied immediately and some may take longer than a year to fulfill.
- Each location you request is surveyed in person by a Field Operations Forester to make sure there are no conflicts with the surrounding infrastructure, and that the site is a suitable one for a tree to grow and thrive. If a site is found to be appropriate for a new tree, we will add it to a list to be planted during our next available planting season.
- Requests can be made for existing empty tree lawns in front of occupied structures as well as sidewalk cut-outs typically found in commercial areas in front of businesses.
- You can make a tree species suggestion along with your request; however, the City Forester in charge of the planting will make the final species determination. Their primary objective is to select a tree that will grow well and provide the greatest possible level of benefits to a neighborhood.
- Trees are only planted during our two planting seasons: spring and fall.
- Urban Forestry does not plant on private property.
Note: This service cannot be used by individuals attempting to fulfill a City planting requirement.